Targeted counties for this program are: Bledsoe, Campbell, Carter, Claiborne, Clay, Cocke, Fentress, Grainger, Greene, Grundy, Hancock, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnson, Lawrence, Lewis, Macon, McMinn, Meigs, Monroe, Morgan, Overton, Pickett, Polk, Rhea, Scott, Sevier, Unicoi, Union, Van Buren, Warren and White
The Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) designated the above counties as Distressed or At-Risk. ARC uses an index-based classification system to compare each county in the nation with national averages on three economic indicators—three-year average unemployment rates, per capita market income, and poverty rates. Based on that comparison, each Appalachian county is classified within one of five economic status designations—Distressed, At-Risk, Transitional, Competitive, or Attainment. For more information on the ARC or their Distressed Counties Program, please visit their website www.arc.gov.
Eligible Property Types: For Distressed Counties: Single Family 1-4 unit residence or manufactured home (single or double-wide). For At-Risk Counties: Single family 1-4 unit residence or manufactured home (double-wide only).
Ineligible Property Types: Commercial properties, multifamily properties, and properties listed on a state or national historic register.
How can I apply to become an ARLP Program Participant?
To become an Program Participant of the ARLP, you must be a non-profit organization organized under Tennessee laws with a 501(c)(3) designation and apply to become an approved participant of the program. To apply, you must complete a detailed Participant Application and submit it to THDA for review. THDA will review and respond to your request to become a Program Participant within 30 days of receipt. THDA will only review completed applications. Applicants are encouraged to use the Application Checklist provided with the Participant Application to avoid submitting incomplete applications. Once the Program Participant is approved, their agency’s name will be listed on the ARLP webpage.
Participant Applications may be submitted electronically to: ARLP@thda.org or by mail to:
Tennessee Housing Development Agency
Attn: SF Special Programs
502 Deaderick St., 3rd Floor
Nashville, TN 37243
ARLP PROGRAM GUIDE
REVISIONS TO GUIDE
- Revision 8 - February 25, 2019
- Revision 7 - November 30, 2018
- Revision 6 - November 19, 2018
- Revision 5 - July 31, 2018
- Revision 4 - August 15, 2017
- Revision 3 - June 1, 2017
- Revision 2 - April 20, 2017
- Revision 1 - January 24, 2017
MEMOS TO PARTICIPANTS
- Memo--ARLP Program Change - February 25, 2019
- Memo--ARLP Program Change - November 30, 2018
- Memo--ARLP Program Change - November 19, 2018
- Memo--ARLP Required Documentation - September 8, 2017
- Memo--Program Guide Changes - August 15, 2017
- Memo--Draw 1 and 2 - June 1, 2017
- Memo--Program Guide Changes - April 20, 2017
- Memo--Eligible Counties - January 24, 2017
Participant Application Forms
- Program Participant Application
- Participant Application Checklist
- Participant Application Disclosure
- Diversity Business Enterprise Directory