As the owner/landlord of a property leased under the Voucher program, you agree to provide a safe, decent and sanitary unit, charge a reasonable rent compared to other similar market properties, not charge side rent or rent not disclosed to the PHA and to fulfill other obligations outlined in the lease agreement and HAP Contract.
The family agrees to follow the Voucher program family obligations, which include adherence to the terms of their lease agreement and timely payment of their rent portion.
THDA agrees to make a timely rental subsidy payment on behalf of the family each month on or before the fifth day of the month and to enforce both the family obligations and the HAP Contract.
- Tenant selection rests with the owner.
- Monthly subsidy payments are mailed to the owner on the last working day of the month prior to due date.
- Rental assistance promotes stable occupancy and reduces tenant turnover.
- There is no interference by THDA with the owner-tenant relationship except as mediator.
- Rents may be adjusted annually.
- Owner’s current tenants may be eligible to participate in the program.
Listing Available Units
THDA continually invites owners to make dwelling units available for leasing by eligible Voucher families. You may list your property on THDA’s online search engine, TNHousingSearch.org. Applicants and participants are referred to TNHousingSearch.org for available listings. It is the responsibility of the landlord to determine the suitability of prospective tenants. Owners will be encouraged to screen applicants for rent payment history, eviction history, damage to units and other factors related to the family’s suitability as a tenant.
Attn: S8RA Payments Coordinator
Andrew Jackson Building
502 Deaderick Street, Third Floor
Nashville, TN 37243