The National Housing Trust Fund (NHTF) was established under Title I of the Housing and Economic Recovery Act (HERA) of 2008, Section 1131 (Public Law 110-289). Section 1131 of HERA amended the Federal Housing Enterprises Financial Safety and Soundness Act of 1992 (12 U.S.C. 4501 et seq.) (Act) to add a new section 1337, entitled "Affordable Housing Allocation" and a new section 1338, entitled "Housing Trust Fund."
THDA has determined that 100% of the available program funds from the 2017 Allocation less funds allowed for administrative expenses will be used for the production, preservation, rehabilitation, and operation of affordable rental housing. From this allocation, approximately $2.8M will be available to eligible applicants for these purposes.
All funds must be used to support the development and operation of rental housing serving extremely low income (ELI) households, earning no more than 30% of the Area Median Income (AMI) or the federal poverty limit for the county in which the housing is located.
NHTF grants will be awarded through a competitive application process to local Public Housing Authorities, non-profit and for-profit entities.
This program is governed by Title 24 Code of Federal Regulations, Parts 91 and 93; Interim Rule. Those regulations are incorporated by reference into the Program Descriptions provided below.
PROGRAM OVERVIEW 2018
- 2018 Application Workshop Presentation
- 2018 Application - Coming Soon!
- 2018 Need and Opportunity Scores - Coming Soon!
PROGRAM OVERVIEW 2017
- 2017 National Housing Trust Fund Grantee Workshop Presentation
- 2017 NHTF Application Workshop Presentation
- 2017 Program Description Notice of Funding Availability
- 2017 National Housing Trust Fund Program Description
- Need and Opportunity Scores - 2017
PROGRAM OVERVIEW 2016
- 2016 National Housing Trust Fund Program Description
- 2016 National Housing Trust Fund Applicant Workshop PowerPoint
- Chapter 1 - General Program Requirements
- Chapter 2 - Financial Management
- Chapter 3 - Procurement
- Chapter 4 - Relocation and Displacement
- Chapter 5 - Acquisition
- Chapter 6 - Fair Housing
- Chapter 7 - Environmental Review
- Chapter 8 - (Reserved for Future Use)
- Chapter 9 - Lead Based Paint
- Design Standards - Rehabilitation
- Design Standards - New Construction
- 24 CFR 93.301 - Environmental Provisions Checklist Format; New Construction
- THDA UPCS Checklist
- NHTF Subsidy Limits
- NHTF Rent Limits
- NHTF Income Limits