Section 8 Contract Administration Division
In August 2000, Tennessee Housing Development Agency (THDA) was awarded a Performance Based ACC Contract with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for oversight of properties with Project Based Section 8 Housing Assistance Payment Contracts. The Section 8 Contract Administration Division has responsibility for the majority of HUD's Performance Based Section 8 properties in Tennessee and is also a traditional contract administrator for a small portfolio of Section 8 properties for which THDA is the mortgage holder.
Contract Administration services currently include:
- Voucher reviews, approvals, and payments.
- Processing of contract renewals.
- Processing of rent adjustments.
- Investigating resident complaints and concerns.
- Processing of Special Claims.
- Technical assistance on TRACS transmissions and resubmitting HUD 50059s.
HUD services include:
- Approval of withdrawals from Reserve for Replacement or Residual Receipt accounts.
- Conducting physical inspections.
- Year-end audit reviews.
Note: If THDA is the mortgagee on the property, the above functions have been, and will continue to be, performed by THDA as well as Management and Occupancy Reviews.