COVID-19 Rent Relief
The COVID-19 Rent Relief Program is now closed. The program has ceased accepting applications. For information on other Eviction Prevention Resources, please visit the https://thda.org/government-nonprofit-partners/emergency-rental-assistance-eviction-prevention-program website or contact your local legal aid office.
How do I access the application in another language?
- Begin by navigating to the program sign in page https://hornellp-se.neighborlysoftware.com/COVID-19RentRelief-tennessee/Participant
- Once on the sign in page, enter your account’s email and password by clicking on the “Sign In” tab. Click the sign in bottom below the email and password boxes.
- After signing in, click on the icon in the upper right-hand corner to access the application profile.
- After selecting the icon in the top right hand corner of the page, a dropdown will appear. Click the “My Profile” option from the dropdown.
- After selecting the “My Profile” in the previous dropdown your general profile settings will appear. Click the preferred language and select your preferred language.
- After selecting your preferred language click the “Save” button.
For instructions with screenshots, click here.
What is the purpose of the COVID-19 Rent Relief program?
The COVID-19 Rent Relief program was developed in an effort to support renters who are or have been struggling to pay rent, utilities, or other home energy costs due to loss of wages/income as a result of the pandemic. Funding will be available to households for payment of current and/or delinquent (past due) expenses. In addition, eligible future rent may also be covered for eligible households.
THDA will provide assistance to eligible applicants in all areas of Tennessee with the exception of Knox County who received direct funding from the US Treasury to fund separate rent relief programs in their area.
Is there any other kind of assistance or help I can get from this program?
Please click here for our ERA-EPP and more information.
Will I be taxed on the funds I receive?
No, the funds provided are not considered income to the tenant and will not be taxed. The payment will not affect income for purposes of determining eligibility for other Federal Government assistance or benefits.
I received a rent relief or utility payment that I am not owed because it is for a tenant that does not live in my property, is an over payment, or the tenant no longer resides at the residence. How do I return funds to THDA?
To return necessary funds to THDA, please download and complete the Rent Relief Return of Funds Form and mail this form with payment to the address below.
Checks should be made payable to THDA COVID-19 Rent Relief Program
Mail all forms and returned payments to:
THDA COVID-19 Returned Funds
8 Cadillac Drive, Suite 160
Brentwood, TN 37027.
For general program questions, email: COVIDRentRelief@thda.org
Any suspected fraud in connection with COVID-19 Rent Relief Program should be reported to THDA for immediate review. THDA reserves the right to decline funding or participation if it is determined that fraud has occurred.
Report Fraud To:
- Tennessee Housing Development Agency via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- U.S. Department of Treasury: https://home.treasury.gov/services/report-fraud-waste-and-abuse
- Office of Inspector General: https://oig.treasury.gov/fraud-alerts