The federal government has temporarily re-opened, until February 15, 2019. This notice provides an update -on how this change will impact the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program. THDA has received an official notice about continued program funding for Housing Assistance Payments (HAP). Unless otherwise notified by HUD, THDA will continue to provide HAP to owner/agents (O/A) on behalf of HCV assisted families through April 30, 2019.
Impact to Owner/Agents with Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Assisted Units
- THDA will continue to issue HAP to eligible HCV O/A until April 30, 2019, unless otherwise notified by HUD.
- The tenant is not responsible for paying the portion of rent to the owner covered by the PHA.
Impact to existing Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Participants/ S8 Homeowners
Active THDA HCV Participants are obligated to continue to comply with re-exam processing/reporting requirements by supplying documentation in accordance with HCV Family Obligations. Requirements related to Annuals, Interims, Relocations, Portability, etc. will not change.
- THDA will continue to issue HAP on behalf of eligible HCV assisted families, until April 30, 2019 unless otherwise notified by HUD.
- Eligible families will be allowed to continue relocations and portability processes.
- MHAP will continue for homeowners.
Impact to HCV Eligible Applicants
- THDA will honor all eligible Housing Choice Vouchers.
- It is important to note that all Requests for Tenancy Approvals (RTA) for currently issued vouchers must be submitted within the required voucher timeframe to be considered.
- Questions about voucher extensions should be directed to the RA Director’s attention.
Eligible Applicants who meet program guidelines and fall in the categories below will have their vouchers issued and/or continued effective immediately.
- The applicant has been issued a voucher and currently searching for a housing unit;
- The applicant has been issued a voucher and has submitted an approvable RTA;
- The applicant has attended an eligibility briefing appointment and is determined program eligible; or
- The applicant had their voucher temporally suspended.