THDA administers the federally-funded Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) Program for the state of Tennessee in 92 of the state's 95 counties in order to fund the provision of services necessary to help persons who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness to quickly regain stability in permanent housing. ESG grants are awarded to eligible non-profits and local units of government to fund the following activities:
- Street Outreach: Provision of essential services to eligible participants provided on the street or in parks, abandoned buildings, bus stations, campgrounds, and in other such settings where unsheltered persons are staying.
- Emergency Shelter: Provision of essential services to homeless families and individuals in emergency shelters and the operation of emergency shelters.
- Rapid Re-Housing: Provision of assistance to a homeless individual or family to move into permanent housing.
- Homelessness Prevention: Prevention of persons from becoming homeless and the assistance of participants in regaining stability in their current or other permanent housing.
- Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS): Operation, maintenance and contribution of data to the HMIS designated by the local Continuum of Care or, if a victim service provider to establish and operate a comparable database
If you are interested in learning more about the ESG program, please contact Shay Grier at SGrier@thda.org
If you are an individual or family in need of assistance, please click here for a list of Continuum of Care agencies currently assisting the homeless in regions across the state. Also, please find information on resources identified through United Way 211.
2018 Application Documents
- 2018 ESG Competitive Application
- 2018 ESG Set Aside Cities Application
- 2018 ESG Program Description
- 2018 Application Workshop PowerPoint
- Board and Corporate Disclosure Form
- Board Member List Form
- Participant Information Management System
ESG Program Documents
- 2017 ESG Program Description
- ESG Policies and Procedures Manual
- Protect Your Family from Lead in Your Home Brochure
- Lead-Based Paint Compliance Form
- Rent Reasonableness Form
- Fair Housing Brochure
- ESG Pay Request Form
- ESG Cost Detail Form
- ESG-1: Authorized Signature Form
- ESG-2: Request for Payment Form