- 7-23-19 - THDA Board approves Amendment to the 2017, 2018, and 2019 HOME Program Descriptions. THDA staff now has the flexibility, on a case-by-case basis, to waive the reconstruction requirement when the hard costs of a home rehabilitation exceeds 75% of the after-rehab appraised value. Previously, the Program Description only allowed for reconstruction in these cases. When this option is utilized, the compliance period will be increased from 5 years to 15 years.
Tennessee Fair Housing Survey – Please Respond by August 31, 2019
Whether you are a renter or homeowner, fair and affordable housing matters to everyone. The Tennessee Housing Development Agency (THDA) and partners have released a survey for ALL Tennesseans to tell us about your housing experiences. THDA is conducting a study of fair housing in Tennessee called the Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice. As the name suggests, we are looking to identify barriers faced to fair and affordable housing choices and determine solutions to minimize those barriers.
All Tennesseans are encouraged to click the link below and share with friends, family, neighbors, colleagues, and clients. The survey is available in English and Spanish. Please respond by August 31, 2019.
How to Apply for a HOME Grant
The 2019 HOME Program application period is now closed. The next application round will begin early in 2020.
THDA's HOME Award Recipients
- 2019 Urban
- 2019 Rural
- 2019 CHDO
- 2018 Urban and Rural
- 2018 CHDO
- 2018 CHDO Mini-Round 1
- 2018 CHDO Mini-Round 2
Current HOME Program Information
Access the library of forms needed to administer the HOME Program
- 2019 HOME Grantee Workshop - Joint Session
- 2019 HOME Grantee Workshop - Urban & Rural Breakout Session
- 2019 HOME Grantee Workshop - CHDO Breakout Session
- 2019 HOME Program Description - AMENDED 7-23-19 (Urban, Rural, and CHDO)
- 2019 Needs Score Summary
- 2019 Not Proportionately Served Score Summary
- 2018 HOME Program Description - AMENDED 7-23-19 (Urban, Rural, and CHDO)
- 2018 CHDO Mini-Round Program Description
- 2017 HOME Program Description - AMENDED 7-23-19
|Rehab Coordinator Training Video
A detailed video on the responsibilities of the Rehab Coordinator and how to properly document and report the rehab activities taking place at a HOME property.
|Compliant HOME Procurement
Covers the procurement requirements of the HOME program, including such topics as: risks of noncompliance, procurement standards, conflicts of interest, procurement methods, limits, and resources for further information.
|CHDO Acquisition and Rehab|
|Homeowner Rehabilitation Monitoring|
|Homeowner Rehabilitation Pay Request Process
|Program Requirements Monitoring|
|Lead-based Paint Hazard|
|Submitting an Initial Work Write-Up|
2018 HOME Beneficiary Report
The 2018 HOME Beneficiary Report provides information regarding HOME allocations received by the State of Tennessee, the activities completed with HOME funding, and the households served by the HOME Program during FY 2018. In total, THDA awarded $10,822,250 in program funds during FY18. During this same time, 186 units of affordable housing were completed using HOME awards from prior program years.
|2016-2017 HOME Beneficiary and Impact Report
This report details how Tennessee residents have been served by federal HOME Program allocations. The report details units completed and populations served, as well as the overall economic impact of HOME spending.
|Telling Your Story : A Communications Guide
A great little booklet we've written with tips on how you can effectively publicize the work you're doing within your community. As you increase awareness with the public and local officials, the greater support you will have, and the likelihood of gaining additional funding for future projects increases.
|Faces Behind the Funding Questionnaire
A printable questionnaire you can fill out and submit to THDA to help promote your grant projects.
|THDA Design Standards- New Construction
Minimum Design Standards for the new construction of single-family housing units.
|THDA Design Standards- Rehabilitation
Minimum Design Standards for the rehabilitation of single-family housing units.
An excerpt from the HUD "Building HOME" guide which explains how to qualify as a Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO). Topics discussed are: qualifying criteria, eligible uses of HOME funds, set-aside roles, special assistance available to CHDOs, program design and implementation, and building capacity.
|Title VI Presentation
A brief overview of what you should know about Title VI Fair Housing Standards.
|HOME Regulations 24 CFR Part 92
Read the HUD regulations for the HOME Program directly from the Federal Register.
|Fair Housing Logo
.png image - suitable for printing
.png image - suitable for printing
|Tennessee State Diversity Directory
Link directly to the TN Department of General Services' Diversity Directory website.
- Grant Administrators FAQs
- Local Governments FAQs
- Non-Profit Organizations FAQs
- Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDO) FAQs
- Grant Beneficiaries FAQs
Need more information?