Functions of the Division
The Division of Program Compliance is responsible for conducting annual reviews of properties awarded housing credits as well as tri-annual on-site reviews of the property. Owners are required to maintain compliance with federal and state program requirements for at least 30 years. To determine compliance owners submit annual self-certifications of tenant information via THDA's internet-based reporting system, Certification On-Line (COL). The Division reviews information submitted to determine compliance. All noncompliance is reported to the Internal Revenue Service ("IRS") on Form 8823: Low-Income Housing Credit Agencies Report of Noncompliance or Building Disposition. Noncompliance is cured using the methodology described in the 8823 Guidebook issued by the IRS.
The Division offers Compliance Training for owners, managers, and dedicated compliance staff of housing credit properties. This training is offered several times per year in various locations in the state. Automated registration will be available when the training session dates and locations have been determined.
- HO-0419 - Exhibit B-Multiple Owners
- HO-0419 - Exhibit B-Single Owner
- HO-0419 - Exhibit B-2 -General Partner Change
- HO-0425 - Exhibit C Applicable Fraction Worksheet
- HO-0420 - Household Income Certification
- HO-0422 - Employment Verification
- HO-0423 - Verification of Annual Income, Household Size, and Utility Allowance by the Section 8 Administrative Agency for Applications with Housing Choice Vouchers
- HO-0430 - Next Available Unit
- HO-0433 - Student Verification
- HO-0436 - Zero Income Verification
- HO-0485 - Under $5,000 Asset Certification
- HO-0486 - Exhibit I: Building Casualty Loss Notification
- HO-0487 - Addendum A-Management Company Change
- HO-0489 - Continuing Residency Certification
- HO-0427 - Exhibit F: Nonrevenue Form
- Certified Property Management Application
Compliance Bulletins, Notices or Letters
- Guidance for Energy Star Utility Allowance for LIHTC Developments
- Guidance for Revenue Procedures in response to Tennessee Wildfires
- Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008
- Certified Property Management Process
Housing Credit Management System (HCMS)
- HCMS Registration Instructions
- For techicial issues regarding HCMS contact Mark Cantu, Multifamily Development Coordinator.
- Applicants should utilize this link to determine Income Limits.
For more information, please contact Chuck O'Donnell, Multifamily Programs Compliance Manager.