Off-Site Construction (Manufactured) Homes
Purchasing an off-site construction home is an option for new homebuyers using THDA’s Great Choice Mortgage (our HFA Advantage mortgage is currently not available for off-site constructed homes). Off-site construction homes are built completely off-site and then transported to the construction site and permanently affixed to a foundation.
Advantages of Off-Site Construction
- Affordability: The cost of an off-site construction home is significantly lower per square foot than a traditional stick-built home.
- Flexibility: Off-site construction homes provide homebuyers with a number of options to customize their new home.
- Structural Strength: Off-Site Construction homes are built to the HUD Code adopted in 1976. This is the only federally mandated and administered code in existence; many developers refer to the code as the most stringent certification process in the industry.
- Timetable: Off-site construction is significantly faster than traditional construction. Homes can be completed in as few as 60 days and installation takes only a few additional days.
- Energy-Efficient and Technologically-Advanced: Off-site construction allows builders to implement the latest developments in construction while the HUD Code requires that these homes meet a high standard in energy efficiency with exceptional insulation.
Make a Great Choice with Off-Site Construction
Low interest rate financing through the THDA Great Choice Mortgage program is an ideal option for buyers purchasing an off-site construction home. Our down payment assistance can be applied to both the down payment and/or closing costs. THDA will take care of de-titling the home and homebuyers will get more home for their money due to off-site construction's affordability.
To start your home buying journey with an off-site construction home and Great Choice mortgage financing, contact a lender today.