Becoming a THDA Originating Agent
A THDA-approved lender is an independent contractor authorized to originate THDA mortgage loans. To become a THDA-approved lender, you must complete the electronic Application to Become an Originating Agent and submit all required documents listed on the Application Checklist.
THDA-Approved Lender Must:
- Have a minimum net worth of $1,000,000.
- Be able to originate, process, underwrite and fund their own loans at closing.
Duties and Responsibilities of THDA-Approved Lenders
- Establish and maintain eligibility to act as an originating agent for THDA
- Originate, process and close THDA mortgage loans
- Protect THDA's interests with respect to each THDA mortgage loan
- Ensure that all personnel with any responsibility for THDA mortgage loans are familiar with and comply, in all respects, with all THDA requirements and procedures
- Hold all funds or documents received in connection with THDA mortgage loans in trust for the sole benefit of THDA and release or disburse such funds or documents
- Deliver all required documents after THDA mortgage loans are closed
- Ensure proper and efficient originating, processing and closing of THDA mortgage loans and delivery of all required documents and all other services necessary
- Assist unsuccessful applicants for THDA funding in identifying other potential sources for mortgage financing
Lenders may apply to participate in EITHER or BOTH THDA mortgage loan programs:
Mortgage Revenue Bond Programs:
- Great Choice
- Great Choice Plus (Down Payment Assistance Loan)
- Homeownership for the Brave
- Homeownership for the Brave Plus (Down Payment Assistance Loan)
Mortgage Backed Securities Programs:
- Freddie Mac HFA Advantage®
- Freddie Mac HFA Advantage® Plus (Down Payment Assistance Loan)
Lender Application Forms
Application Checklist (must have all items before application will be processed)
Systems Certification Statement (for HFA Advantage only)*
*The Freddie Mac HFA Advantage® product has a different execution; and requires lender to
have systems in place to transfer LPA feedback results and assign the appraisal
within UCDP to THDA at time of loan underwriting
Agreement for Mortgage Revenue Bond Program - Standard Version
Agreement for Mortgage Revenue Bond Program - Parent Version (includes Parent Company signature)
Agreement for Mortgage Backed Securities Program - HFA Advantage Conventional
For more information, please call 615-815-2100 or contact our mortgage specialists at email@example.com.