Tennessee Housing Development Agency
THDA was established by the Tennessee legislature through enactment of Tennessee Code Annotated Sections 13-23-101, et seq. Under the direction of a 15-member Board of Directors, the mission of THDA is to be the lead state agency promoting sound and affordable housing for people who need help.
THDA is not a direct lender to borrowers, but works with approved mortgage lenders (“Originating Agents” or “OAs”) from across Tennessee to originate its loans. THDA underwrites loan applications submitted by OAs, and then commits to purchase pre-approved loans after they are closed and documented, or in some cases, table funds loans. All THDA loans are serviced by THDA's servicing department known as Volunteer Mortgage Loan Servicing (VMLS).
Originating Agents Guide:
Originating Agents Guide (New 2021 Electronic Version)
- 02/16/21 - NOTICE #2021-03: Pricing Update for GC97
- 02/11/21 - NOTICE #2021-02: Site Value-Loan Prospector Doc Checklist
- 01/29/21 - NOTICE #2021-01: POAs-Fees-FHA #21-04
- 01/12/21 - New OA Guide Announced
Archive- OA Guide Revisions:
Miscellaneous Information for Originating Agents:
- Recapture Tax Information
- Post Closing Procedures for Lenders
- VMLS-Servicing Information for New Loan
- Branch Location Change Form - Notify THDA of Branch Office Changes
Click here for most recent newsletter
Sign up for Single Family Newsletter
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact SFask@thda.org by email or the Single Family help desk at 615-815-2100.