Emergency Solutions Grants Program
To find Homeless Assistance Hotlines in your area, click on the button below.
You can also dial 2-1-1 or visit TN 211 for more services and resources in your area.
About the Emergency Solutions Grant Program (ESG)
THDA administers the federally funded Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) Program for the state of Tennessee in 92 of the state's 95 counties in order to fund the provision of services necessary to help persons who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness to quickly regain stability in permanent housing. ESG grants are awarded to eligible non-profits and local governments to fund the following activities:
- Street Outreach: Provision of essential services to eligible participants on the street or in parks, abandoned buildings, bus stations, campgrounds, and in other such settings where unsheltered persons are staying.
- Emergency Shelter: Provision of essential services to homeless families and individuals in emergency shelters and the operation of emergency shelters.
- Rapid Re-Housing: Provision of assistance to a homeless individual or family to move into permanent housing.
- Homelessness Prevention: Prevention of persons from becoming homeless and the assistance of participants in regaining stability in their current or other permanent housing.
- Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS): Operation, maintenance, and contribution of data to the HMIS designated by the local Continuum of Care or, if a victim service provider, to establish and operate a comparable database.
2024 ESG Program Information
2024 ESG application is open through March 28, 2024
Join us on February 27, 2024 for the
2024 Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) Application Q & A
Our ESG team will be available from 10am-11am CST to provide technical assistance regarding the current ESG application.
This includes questions related to accessing PIMS & documentation uploads, accessing the application in GMS,
and allowable program costs, services and match.
- 2024 ESG Program Description
- Application Workshop Presentation
- Application Workshop Presentation- Video
- 2024 ESG- Non-Profit Checklist
- Board Member Information Form
- Board Member Disclosure Form
- Corporate Disclosure Form
- Certification of Shelter Standards
- Certification of Local Government
- Certificate of Consistency
- Certification of Matching Funds
- Set-Aside Sub-Grantee Form
2023 ESG Program Information
2022 ESG Program Information
2020 ESG CV2 Program Information
- 2020 ESG-CV2 Program Description
- 2020 ESG-CV2 Advanced Payment Request Form
- 2020 ESG-CV2 Funding Matrix
2020 ESG CV1 Program Information
ESG Program Self Audit Forms
- ESG Client File Checklist- Rapid Rehousing
- ESG Client File Checklist- Homelessness Prevention
- ESG Client File Checklist- Emergency Shelter
- ESG Client File Checklist- Street Outreach
- ESG-CV Client File Checklist- Rapid Rehousing
- ESG-CV Client File Checklist- Homelessness Prevention
- ESG-CV Client File Checklist- Emergency Shelter
- ESG-CV Client File Checklist- Street Outreach
THDA ESG Workshops & Resources
- ESG Draw Documentation Standards
- ESG Program Basics
- RA HRSS Standards Matrix
- ESG Emergency Shelter and Permanent Housing Standards
- ESG Payment Request Process Workshop YOUTUBE: https://youtu.be/bEuS5Jl0Ld8
- Community Services Programs Overview YOUTUBE: https://youtu.be/j4J4oC1XXhg
For questions or guidance on the administration of the ESG Program, please email us.
Access the Library of Forms needed to administer the ESG Program
|Telling Your Story : A Communications Guide
A great little booklet we've written with tips on how you can effectively publicize the work you're doing within your community. As you increase awareness with the public and local officials, the greater support you will have, and the likelihood of gaining additional funding for future projects increases.
|Fair Housing Logo
.png image - suitable for printing
.png image - suitable for printing