2023 NHTF Allocation
On May 3, 2023, HUD published the 2023 Housing Trust Fund allocation. Tennessee Housing Development Agency received $5,290,023 in funding, which is nearing a 50% reduction from the 2022 HTF allocation. This occurrence decreases, both, the program and administration funding.
THDA will hold steadfast on fulfilling our obligations for funding qualified applications.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Aaron Toran at email@example.com.
About the National Housing Trust Fund
The National Housing Trust Fund (NHTF) is a federal program administered in the State of Tennessee by the Tennessee Housing Development Agency (THDA) to provide funding for the production, preservation, rehabilitation, and operation of affordable rental housing for extremely low income (ELI) households. ELI is defined as earning no more than 30% of the Area Median Income (AMI) or the federal poverty limit for the county in which the housing is located.
NHTF grants are awarded through a competitive application process to local public housing authorities and non-profit organizations that are either organized in or licensed to operate in Tennessee. There is a 30-year affordability period requirement.
The National Housing Trust Fund (NHTF) was established under Title I of the Housing and Economic Recovery Act (HERA) of 2008, Section 1131 (Public Law 110-289). Section 1131 of HERA amended the Federal Housing Enterprises Financial Safety and Soundness Act of 1992 (12 U.S.C. 4501 et seq.) (Act) to add a new section 1337, entitled "Affordable Housing Allocation" and a new section 1338, entitled "Housing Trust Fund."
This program is governed by Title 24 Code of Federal Regulations, Parts 91 and 93; Interim Rule. Those regulations are incorporated by reference into the Program Descriptions provided below.
2023 National Housing Trust Fund
2022 National Housing Trust Fund
2021 National Housing Trust Fund
Previous Program Year Information
- 2020 National Housing Trust Fund Program Description
- 2020 National Housing Trust Fund Funding Matrix
- 2019 National Housing Trust Fund Program Description
- 2019 National Housing Trust Fund Funding Matrix
- 2018 National Housing Trust Fund Funding Matrix
- 2018 National Housing Trust Fund Program Description
- 2017 National Housing Trust Fund Awards Matrix
- 2016 National Housing Trust Fund Awards Matrix
- Chapter 1 - General Program Requirements
- Chapter 2 - Financial Management
- Chapter 3 - Procurement
- Chapter 4 - Relocation and Displacement
- Chapter 5 - Acquisition
- Chapter 6 - Fair Housing
- Chapter 7 - Environmental Review
- Chapter 8 - Rental Housing
- Chapter 9 - Lead-Based Paint
Standards and Limits
- Design Standards
- Environmental Provisions Checklist : New Construction
- Environmental Provisions Checklist : Rehabilitation
- THDA UPCS Checklist
- 2023 NHTF Homeownership Sales Limits
- NHTF Subsidy Limits
- NHTF Income Limits
- NHTF Rent Limits
- National Housing Trust Fund Environmental Provisions
- National Housing Trust Fund Interim Rule
- State Diversity Directory
- CFR 200 Uniform Administrative Requirements; Procurement
- 24 CFR Part 35; Lead Based Hazards
- National Housing Trust Fund Environmental Reviews Tutorial - Covers the Environmental Review requirements and processes for the National Housing Trust Fund
Compliant NHTF Procurement
Need more information?
Please contact Aaron Toran at (615) 815-2037 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.