THDA has authorized the allocation of Multifamily Tax-Exempt Bond Authority to local issuers to finance multifamily housing units in Tennessee under Section 142(d) of the Code. The private activity bond authority can be used only for tax-exempt private activity bonds issued to finance qualified residential rental projects through new construction of multifamily rental units, conversion of existing properties to multifamily rental units through Adaptive Reuse, or acquisition and rehabilitation of Existing Multifamily Housing. The authority will be available in each of Tennessee’s Grand Divisions on a first-come-first-served basis subject to authority availability.
- December 7, 2020-2021 MTBA Program Description Approved November 17, 2020
- November 26, 2019-MTBA 2020 Program Description Approved November 19, 2019
- May 1, 2018 - Appraisal Guidance
Program Updates and Announcements
- 2021 Memo Regarding MTBA Authority
- 2021 MTBA Application Listing of Submissions
- Current MTBA Authority Volume Activity
- 2020 MTBA Submission Listing
- Multifamily Programs FAQ
- Bond Refund Memo
Please visit the THOMAS Documents page for resources regarding application submissions.
Bond Issues Closed
Sign Up for Email Notifications
If you would like to receive email updates regarding new updates and announcements, sign up to be notified. You may also email TNAllocation@thda.org , or call at 615-815-2145.
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Edwin King, Multifamily Programs Director.